Customized "Glad to do it!" Community Policing Book
Written for the La Plata, Maryland Police Department
To help defray the cost of the book, community organizations (Rotary and Jaycees, to date) purchased sponsorship pages in the book.
Add a unique give-away to your community policing program with a “Glad to do it!” children’s story and activity book customized to feature your department’s officers conducting one of your department’s rescues/responses.
Each book contains a 32-page story of one of your department’s rescues/responses, 8 coloring and activity pages, and 2 pages of your department’s community policing info, phone numbers, and safety tips. In addition, 4 pages are reserved for community organizations (i.e. Rotary, Jaycees, Lions Club, FOP, Chick Fil A, etc.) to sponsor a page and help defray the cost of the book.
Given away as a handout during school visits and community events, school children love the activity and coloring pages while parents enjoy reading the story to their children.
In the process, they will read a story showing your officers protecting and serving their community, reinforcing the understanding that their police department can be trusted to protect them.
J2B Publishing can write, illustrate, and create a “Glad To Do It!” book for your community policing program in 3-months for $3000.
- Your department provides a synopsis of a specific rescue/response as well as pictures of the officers involved (usually something you have already placed on your website or Facebook page)
- We write the story and illustrate the book, with your officers as the characters.
- Your department verifies the written story is correct and the illustrations are accurate and/or appropriate.
- Your department provides community policing info, phone numbers, and safety tips for the police department section.
- Your department contacts sponsors and provides sponsor info for sponsor pages sold.
- Your department receives the book and cover files, royalty-free, for the purpose of printing as many copies as needed to give away in your department’s community policing program.
Contact Jim Brewster at 202-557-8097 or GladToDoIt@gmail.com to order a customized book for your department.