Uncle Rocky, Fireman #8 - "Fast Action"
Ben and Luke are eating hotdogs at the air show when Luke spots a boy who is choking. Ben knows what to do, but can he and Luke act fast enough to save the boy’s life?
“This is an outstanding educational tool for fire safety. I teach monthly fire safety courses at our local elementary school in which I try to read them a story to conclude the class. This book fits perfectly for doing so. "
- - Perry Hall, Assistant Chief, Bethany FD (NC)
Story Time for Uncle Rocky-Fast Action created by KT Brison of Lit Mama
This post is sponsored by J2B LLC, but my opinions? Oh yeah, they're my own.
Uncle Rocky - Fast Action Airplane ActivitiesBecause Rocky's nephews save the day with the Heimlich Maneuver at an air show, we're going to do some fun airplane activities to go with it and learn a bit about the man behind the Maneuver.
LanguageYour littles will love learning the names of the different airplanes featured in Fast Action with this fun worksheet.
ScienceDr. Henry Heimlich was a brilliant surgeon who made many contributions to the medical field during his career. Learn more about him and do some fun activities with this free printable mini unit.
Clothespin AirplanesThese can be made with both types of clothespins. And they're easy and fun to play with. Win! What you need:
- Lit Mama's Clothespin Airplane Wings template
- Craft paint
- Craft foam
- Craft glue
- Paint clothespin in color of choice
- Print and cut out Lit Mama's Clothespin Airplane Wings Template
- Trace templates onto craft foam
- Cut out
- Glue one large wing on top of clothespin at front
- Glue other large wing on bottom of clothespin just under top wing
- Glue tail wing to underside of top of clothespin at back
Hot Dog BarWhat could be more fun than a hot dog bar? Easy to put together and fun for littles to choose their own toppings! What you need:
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Spicy brown mustard
- Chopped onions
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon bits
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions
- Set up bar with dogs, buns, and bowls of toppings for kids to choose from
- Add spoons
- Let them go to town!