Uncle Rocky, Fireman #3 - "Sparky's Rescue"
New firefighter, Rocky Hill and his two nephews, Ben and Luke, are on a mission to find a mascot for the fire house. Only a Dalmatian will do, but the City Pound has none and the Pet Store is sold out; strikes one and two. If Valley Kennels is strike three the mission will be a failure and Uncle Rocky's day off wasted.
"Its wonderful to see an author return to writing children's stories that not only spark the imagination, but also convey lost virtues like good manners, respect, and healthy adult-child relationships. If your children like the "Magic Tree House" series, then they will be sure to treasure this new series!" - - John Gaffe' - Father of three.
"In an entertaining way, Sparky's Rescue teaches children the history of Dalmatians" - - Beverly Hatfield, Co-Author - The Strange Likeness
Story Time for Rocky Hill, Fireman:Sparky's Rescue created by KT Brison of Lit Mama
Sparky's Rescue Dalmatian Activities
My friends, Mr. Brewster doesn't just tell a story of a fireman and his nephews on the hunt for a dalmatian for the firehouse. As always, he imparts knowledge in this wonderful book. Ever wondered why dalmatians are considered firehouse dogs in the first place? This book tells the whole history in an interesting and entertaining way that is sure to engage your littles. Let's get to the fun stuff!
LanguageSparky is the perfect firehouse dog. To show their appreciation, have your kiddos write an acrostic poem about him. Here's a free printable they can use!
ScienceLearn all about dalmatians in this free mini unit that includes fun activities.
Paper Plate DalmatianWhat you need:
- Paper plate
- Large googly eyes
- 2 4x6 sheets black craft foam
- 1 4x6 sheet pink craft foam
- Lit Mama's Dalmatian Face Template
- Craft Glue
- Print out the template and cut the ears and nose from 1 sheet of black foam and the tongue from pink foam
- Glue googly eyes to front of plate
- Glue nose under and between googly eyes
- Glue tongue under nose
- Run a bead of glue along edges of plate where you want the ears
- Glue ears in place
- Cut circles from second sheet of black foam to make spots and glue into place
Dalmatian Spot ChocolatesWhat you need:
- In a small saucepan, heat white chocolate squares (as many as you want candies) until just starting to melt. They'll be malleable but not gooey.
- Using a wooden spoon, scoop up a quarter sized bit of white chocolate
- Roll it into your hand to form a ball (be careful--they'll be very warm)
- Place on wax paper and smash lightly with a finger
- Place one chocolate chip in the center, point side down
- Repeat process until all candies are made